The Benedictine School of Pannonhalma is located in the north-western part of Hungary. Our school has an educational history of more than 1000 years. Its present day building of the boarding school for boys was built 1939-1942 with the generous support of Archabbot Krizosztom Kelemen and Prime Minister Pál Teleki.
The school is among the country’s bests, attracting students from all around the country and even from abroad. Our pedagogy roots in Christian values and the Monastic tradition, and has five pillars: academic achievment, artistic creativity, sports, community life, and personal spirtuality.
In 2014 Pannonhalma completed a $2.6 million, state-of-the-art basketball arena, giving the area a brand new opportunity to host many events. Our latest innovation is the new Auditorium (recital hall), which won national and international recognition.
The school offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities, such as basketball, fencing, track & field, woodworking, bookmaking, legal case-studies, artistic and technical drawing, gastronomy and horticulture circle. Supported by the worldwide net of Benedictine schools, Pannonhalma gives language courses and practice opportunities in many languages, among others Latin, Hebrew, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and English.